May 5, 2010

War & c0ven

For those of you who don't know (and so far my only subscriber is a corpmate), our alliance has been at war with the combined forces of Stain Empire and c0ven. Last night due to circumstances beyond my control (ie. girlfriend aggro) I logged on late to the CTA and missed the titan bridge. Because this I was able to just sit and listen to vent and the battle. Let me make my self clear that I have total respect to all of our FCs so I'm not going to bash anyone. At one point we had a break down in the chain of command and due to the FC being popped (not going to name our FCs for all the spis!) the main fleet was with out orders. It turned out just as you would expect it to.


On top of that the day before an expensive Pandemic Legion gang happened upon 4 dreads seiging on a c0ven POS. The battle went poorly and to be honest my moral was kinda low when I went to bed last night.

This morning over my breakfast of pancakes I brought up the DOTLAN map of Estoria and nearly choked. Not only had they been able to defend A1-AUH while I was asleep but have forced c0ven to drop sov in 3 more systems. While right now I'm not to sure if it was us (SYS-K) or Primary or one of our other allies but the fact of the matter is that they don't own it anymore. Since .UP. has joined SYS-K this puts the total sov losses to 2 for SYS-K and 7 for c0ven.

-----------------------------------------------------
War usually is draining on ones wallet. I am happy to say that this is not that case for me. I am currently the largest supplier for Large Trimark Armor Pumps for SYS-K and friends in Estoria. While the supplies for the rigs have slowed down (especially fried logic circuits) the demand for them has also dropped lowering my bottom line. The drop in demand for the parts is in due part that no one else seems to be selling the rigs on the open market. Because of the war and numerous battleships going pop the demand for the rigs has shot through the roof. Having the only rigs on market (excluding red stations) theoretically means I can charge anything I want for the rigs. Alas, in the interest of keeping my home and not pissing of the alliance heads I have kept my prices reasonably low compared to what I could charge for them, and if the market stays this way, I'm looking at a nice nest egg to spend once this annoying war is over.
--------------------------------------------------------
An alliance mate of mine named manasi wrote in his blog about Stain and c0ven's recent tactics and apparent spy network.
"Please realize that I know they exist, and I would not call for their
removal from the game as the CHOICE to use them should always be there. I
and my CEPTA brethren choose NOT to use them, I used to respect C0ven and Stain Empire, I no longer do so."
While I did not know Stain and c0ven back when things were all blue, I don't think less of them using their spy network to gain real time info on our fleet and our POS passwords. In fact, I'm damned impressed. With out getting into a whole all is fair in love, war, and politics argument, I just want to say that if you had that kind of extensive and effective spy network wouldn't you use it? I sure would. Would I try and get their POS passwords and bump out their logging on and AFK battleships and capitals? You can bet every ISK you have that I would. It's a lot easier to say you wouldn't do something until you have the opportunity to do so. Just sayin.
Space is a dangerous place.
Stay frosty.

1 comment: