May 8, 2010

A little History Ch.1

"Fleet jump jump." said the commander's voice in my head.

It still sent shivers down my spine. Despite having been out of the Caldari pod academy for six months i still wasn't used to having someone else think into my head. The thrill of the ship's controls exhilarated me and would continue to for many centuries after.

"Fleet warp to Darkbomb at 10km." Spoke the FC after a few minutes on the gate.

Another voice piped up, a female, and asked "What are our engagement rules?"

"If its not purple kill it, crew pods to." the FC said with an icy bite.

I aligned my Merlin towards Darkbomb and slipped into warp. My job was to point anything and everything I could so the res of the fleet could melt the enemy. As soon as I felt the warp bubble collapse I fired up my afterburner and locked up the closest ship I could. If i had to try and explain how a warp disruptor felt i would have to equate it to a tugging in your mind ans they try desperately to engage warp.

I knew something was wrong as soon as I had point. When pointing another capsuler it is like a tug-of-war with someone of similar strength, but with a standard ship it was like holding down a baby (not that i have ever held down a baby).

I immediately checked the ship's info.

"Sir, the ship I have point on are Galente civilians with no military or radical ties" I thought quickly into the fleet channel. "Permission to drop point?"

"Maintain point, yours ins secondary and will be neutralized momentarily." Thought back the FC.

"Sir these are civilians, they haven't done anything wrong!" I mentally shouted in to the channel.

"Not yet. But they will. You will hold point." chastised the FC.

"I wont. I can't. There is no profit worth the slaughter of the Innocent!" I said as i relaxed my hold on the civilian ship.

I felt the other ships locking computers like a light tingling all over my body. I didn't try to warp. I didn't even try to fight the ewar now assaulting my virtual seances. I felt my pod rocket out of what used to be my ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door to my "cell" opened up. The stale air from outside was delicious compared to the stench of vomit, shit, and sour blood. In comparison to the darkness I had live in this last month the light from outside was blinding and total.

"Beat me again, I don't care. Kill me! I don't care!" I shouted through a mouthful of broken teeth.

"You want to save lives?" said a voice from behind the light.

"Save lives? No." I spat out along with a mouthful of blood.

The light from the hallway was starting to make me dizzy. Where my left arm used to be throbbed dully like the ghost of a limb. Had the cut it off or smashed it off? It didn't matter. All that existed was the cell, pain, and the disembodied voice in the light.

"What do you want?" spoke the voice from the light.

"Whats it to you, you bastard?" I said losing my cool. I didn't want to play games. I wanted to get the agony over with and return to the dark.

I felt a boot connect with the front of may face. My already broken facial bones howled and threatened to take me to unconsciousness. I hurt.

"I just want to fly." I gave up.

"That's the kind of answer i was looking for. They call me Yahrr and I happen to have a position available, that is if your interested." spoke the man as he came closer.

"If it gets me outta here and into a ship I'm in." I told Him.

He walked over and put something over my head and around my neck.

"Excellent. Now give me a call when you wake up." he said with a smile that made me uncomfortable.

Looking at him with confusion i asked, "Wake up? what do you me-"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't Hear the pistol go off. I was sure I was dead for good. It took me a second to realize dead men can't think. I opened my eyes and tried to feel about. The clone tank opened and the attendant helped me to a nearby cot.

"Where am I?" I asked the attendant.

"Welcome to Galentian space sir. Everything is taken care of. You just relax for now and your boss will see you when your ready." he said with a slight galentian accent.

"It smells nice here." I mumbled.

I try to elaborate on that though but before I could sleep stole me away, Whole once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment